These are absolutely as good as they look! I think they’re my best invention yet!
Want some? This is what you’ll need:
1. Drain and rinse your soaked dates and chop them in your food processor, or by hand, until they’re well mushed up and combined. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add your fresh blueberries and mix well.
3. Add as many cacao nibs as you want and mix well.
4. Put the whole lot back into the food processor and chop/mix it into a smooth, wet, really quite runny, mixture.
5. Return it to the mixing bowl and add oats. Keep adding oats and mixing until you have a stiff flapjack mixture. Then put the lot into a flat tin, lined with non-toxic parchment paper, and press it with the back of a spoon so that it fills the tin and is uniformly flat and smooth.
6. Put your flapjacks in the fridge while you melt your chocolate. Put some very hot water into a large bowl; break your chocolate into small pieces and put them in a small bowl; put the small bowl to float in the hot water; don’t get water in the chocolate. Your chocolate will melt quite quickly – keep an eye on it 🙂
7. Then remove your tin of flapjack mixture from the fridge and cover in melted chocolate. Chill and cut into squares when set.
8. Enjoy your gorgeous flapjacks 🙂
I know you will 😉