- 1 cup of organic raw almonds (soaked over night; thoroughly rinsed, then spread on a clean tea towel to dry for a couple of hours)
- 200g pitted fresh dates (soaked for 2 to 3 hours)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Some sultanas
- 60g of raw melted chocolate
1. In a food processor/chopper/mixer process the dates and then transfer them to a mixing bowl.
2. Then process the almonds until finely chopped and add to the dates in your bowl.
3. Add the cacao/carob, vanilla, as many sultanas as you fancy, and the melted chocolate and mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
4. Then return the mixture (a bit at a time if necessary) to your food processor and process together briefly until you have the right truffle consistency.
5. Finally, with a teaspoon spoon little truffles onto a plate and decorate with walnuts (if you like)
Will keep in the fridge for a few days.
It’s as simple as that!
Absolutely scrummy! 🙂