1. They are high in antioxidants. They’re rated the fourth highest in antioxidants out of all the fruits, only to be beaten by blackberries, cranberries and raspberries. Antioxidants play a role in keeping our cardiovascular system in tip top shape
2. They’re a great source of vitamin C, which plays a large part in keeping our immune system strong and healthy. Vitamin C can also help fight stress.
3. Strawberries contain magnesium, a mineral that helps our body produce energy and maintain strong bones and healthy teeth.
4. Because they contain potassium, strawberries can help your muscles and nerves function properly, lower your risk of high blood pressure and can help your body maintain healthy electrolyte levels.
5. Given their high antioxidant and anti inflammatory benefits, strawberries are considered a cancer-fighting food.
Oooh, can’t wait til summer – bring on the strawberries! 🙂